It’s inevitable in any creative project that things will fail and you’ll have to redo them.
After a long & busy period at work, I found time to load up my WIP megawad and get reacquainted with the levels. I found out that tweaks to gzdoom’s lighting engine have made the experience inconsistent and sometimes unplayable. All of these screenshots are set to the same level of brightness, they’re just using different light rendering modes.
Luckily DECORATE has a function that allows you to force a certain light modes. Sector lighting is now set to dark all the time but I’m not having much luck getting the levels back to their old aesthetic.